Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionGreece's New Political Ecomy traces the course of Greece from a postwar developmental state to its current participation in the Euro-zone. Keeping an invative focus on the role of the state-finance connection, the book analyses the case of Greece in terms of four main comparative processes: postwar development, sociopolitical democratization, institutional Europeanization and ecomic globalization. George Pagoulatos argues that the state-finance connection crucially served the overarching political ecomy and government priorities of each period. Taking a comparative approach, the book examines the political ecomy of financial interventionism and liberalization, banking politics, relations between the government and central bank, the organization of interest groups, the winners and losers of financial reform, the effects of globalization and EMU and the implications of the new ecomic role of the state. This book will be an indispensable reference work for anyone seeking to understand the complex political ecomy of graduating from underdeveloped country status to membership of the advanced Euro-zone.
- Author BiographyGEORGE PAGOULATOS holds degrees in law, sociology and politics from the University of Athens and the University of Oxford, where he was a Rhodes scholar. He was a postdoctoral fellow of Princeton University and is now Assistant Professor of Politics at the Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Author(s)George Pagoulatos
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/03/2003
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSt Antony's Series
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight516 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.