All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows how we can solve the climate change crisis, which is the greatest threat humanity has faced. Charles Derber, a prominent sociologist and political ecomist, shows that global warming is a symptom of deep pathologies in global capitalism. In conversational and passionate writing, Derber shows that climate change is capitalism's time bomb, certain to explode unless we rapidly transform our ecomy and create a new green American Dream Derber shows there is hope in the financial meltdown and Great Recession we are w suffering. The ecomic crisis has raised deep questions about Wall Street and the US capitalist model. Derber systematically explores the causal links between capitalism and climate change, a taboo subject in the U.S, and opens up new thinking to solve both the ecomic and climate crises.
- Author BiographyCharles Derber, a noted social critic, is Professor of Sociology at Boston College. He is the author of eleven internationally acclaimed books, including Corporation Nation, Hidden Power, and The Wilding of America. He has written for the Boston Globe, Newsday, and other mass media, and appears frequently on television and radio talk shows.
- Author(s)Charles Derber
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.