All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionInfuriated by government corruption, incensed by banksters shaking down taxpayers, and despairing of the healthcare system, the dependency on foreign oil, and the failing educational system, Dylan Ratigan sees an America that is botched almost beyond repair. In this book, his first, he rips the lid off of the deeply crooked system-and offers a way out. The American public kws that the game is rigged. The stats back it up: Unemployment has exploded to near 25-year highs, w approaching 10%, even as the Great Recession has supposedly ended. Fifteen million homeowners are w underwater in their mortgages, the richest 1% of the nation w takes home 24% of the wealth, up from 9% in 1976. Dylan Ratigan understands the rot at America's core, and he's t afraid to call it for what it is. Ratigan is this movement's mouthpiece, and this book is a compilation of brash and fresh solutions for building a new and better America.
- Author BiographyDylan Ratigan is the host of MSNBC's The Dylan Ratigan Show, one of the highest-rated, daytime shows on the network. This make-versus-take, analysis-driven daily broadcast fearlessly takes on the world of politics, money, and the unholy alliance between big business and government. The former global managing editor for corporate finance at Bloomberg News, Ratigan has developed and launched more than half a dozen broadcast and new media properties. They include CNBC's Fast Money and Closing Bell, as well as DylanRatigan.com, which is home to his podcast, Greedy Bastards Antidote. Ratigan left as host of Fast Money in 2009, provoked by outrage over the government's handling of the 2008 financial crisis. Since then, he has dedicated his work to launching platforms that engage and debate the U.S. government on policy, while opening the door for millions to learn more about money's often poisonous role in our democracy. His first book, Greedy Bastards, which will be released on January 10, 2012, details this broken system, and more importantly, illustrates how fixing these problems will release a renaissance of growth and innovation. Since late September 2011, more than 300,000 people have pledged support, millions of dollars have been raised, and an organization with a staff of a dozen people has been formed under Ratigan's leadership to pursue the singular objective to pass a 28th Constitutional amendment to separate business and state.
- Author(s)Dylan Ratigan
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Out-of-print date17/02/2016
- Content Noteb-w art t-o; 8 political cartoons
- Weight424 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.