Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
- AU $11.65Trending at AU $17.14
About this product
- DescriptionMay 2012-Athens is rocked by riots as the Greek ecomy tanks. The International Monetary Fund warns Greece to clean up corruption. In Geneva, hedge fund investor Jim Schiller bets billions on a bail-out of Greek bonds. What secrets threaten the bail-out? Jim wonders. To find out, Jim travels to Paris and meets with international consultant Sophie d'Auverne, a former French finance official close to IMF director Christine Lagarde. Sophie assures Jim that Greece will be bailed out and investors will make billions. Then a shocking revelation-France sent a CD with 2,000 names of tax evaders to the Greek government. Now two former Greek ministers caught up in a corrupt Russian arms deal are dead of apparent suicide. Enraged German public opinion is turning against the Greek bail-out. The French are rumored to have a master list of a 130,000 Europeans with secret Swiss bank accounts. And a spy working for a foreign government saw a second copy of the list go out the door of the finance ministry. Where is the mysterious second copy? Why are secret agents stalking Sophie? Can Sophie and Jim save the day before scandal blows the Greek bail-out apart and Europe erupts into a massive financial crisis? A satire of the bizarre reality behind modern-day finance.
- Author BiographyPaul A. Myers is the author of four historical novels set in Paris and Vienna during the 1920s and 30s. Reviewers have praised the thorough research, fine storytelling, and the interweaving of historical fact with real and fictional people into narratives that are involved and intriguing. Characters feel true to the era as they maneuver in the dark corridors of power in France and Austria while entertaining in the sunlit cafes of Paris, Vienna, and Rome.
- Author(s)Paul a Myers
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.