All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book explores in depth both the origins of the Greek debt crisis and the conditions under which the ecomy might be turned around from its current malaise. Greek debt turned explosive after the 2008 global crisis, through a combination of a fiscal spree and domestic policy complacency, but the unpreparedness and indecision of the European Union intensified the problem of liquidity and a massive bail-out agreement became inevitable. However, the stringencies of the adjustment program led to more recession and unemployment, while social tension and political polarization became entrenched. In 2015, a radical Left party, Syriza, ascended to power on a ticket to end austerity and renegotiate Greece's debt agreements, but a long-lasting growth and reform agenda is still to be settled upon. This book lays out some key reforms that would allow Greece to return to growth and, at the same time, keep the Euro, an option that still remains a cornerstone for the country's ecomic and geopolitical stability.
- Author BiographyNicos Christodoulakis is Professor at the Athens University of Economics and Business and a Research Associate with the Hellenic Observatory at the LSE. He was Greek Minister of Finance in 2002-2003, and was acting Chairman of the Eurogroup.
- Author(s)Nicos Christodoulakis
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield International
- Date of Publication16/10/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield International
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 6 tables
- Weight313 g
- Width150 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.