All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume Robin Barrow traces ancient education from the time of Homeric poems to the age of St. Augustine. Without minimising differences between educational practice of particular periods or places, the author stresses similarities and common origins and relates ancient ideas on education tour own. He uses the evidence of a wide range of ancient authors who are extensively quoted.
- Author(s)Robin Barrow
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleInside the Ancient World S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBristol Classical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight115 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.