Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a reprint of Naphtali Lewis' important book on the uses of papyrus records reconstructing life in ancient Egypt. Published in 1986 by Oxford University Press, the first edition of Greeks in Ptolemaic Egypt complemented Life in Egypt under Roman Rule (reprinted in 1999 as Classics in Papyrology 1) by providing a perspective on an earlier period. The author presents a series of pen portraits, describing the lives of inhabitants ranging from the grand (like the Strategos Diophanes) to the humble (like the village clerk, Menkhes). He sets these figures against a prosperous, busy backdrop which he terms 'Eldorado on the Nile'.
- Author BiographyNaphtali Lewis is Distinguished Professor (Emeritus) of Classical Studies in the City University of New York, and has been Visiting Professor at Yale University and the University of California (Santa Barbara). He is a fellow of the American Academy in Rome, a corresponding Fellow of the British Academy, and a past President of the International Association of Papyrologists. He is the author of 18 books and more than 150 articles published in scholarly journals internationally.
- Author(s)Naphtali Lewis
- PublisherAmerican Society of Papyrologists
- Date of Publication31/07/2001
- Series TitleClassics in Papyrology S.
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationCanton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Society of Papyrologists
- Content Notemaps
- Weight340 g
- Width143 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.