All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrates the Global Relevance of Sustainability Applicable to roads, bridges, and other elements of the infrastructure, Green Building with Concrete: Sustainable Design and Construction, Second Edition provides an overview of all available information on the role of concrete in green building. A handbook offering viewpoints from worldwide experts on the global nature of the sustainability movement, it highlights research on ecomic analysis, in particular the International Organization for Standardization, Environmental Management-Life Cycle Assessment-Principles and Framework application of life cycle costing, to provide a full picture of the ecomic benefits of concrete in green building. Outlines the Variety of Ways That Concrete Is Easily and Affordably Reused With an emphasis on environmental impact and occupational and consumer health and safety, the text clearly outlines how to make the most of concrete in sustainable design. It explores the benefits of thermal mass, increased water supply, and improving water quality; reducing urban heat island effects; reducing construction waste; and the use of supplementary cementitious materials. The authors include an in-depth evaluation of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other emissions associated with the manufacture of cement. They also highlight the attributes that concrete has to offer the green building movement and the effect that emerging life cycle analysis has on concrete's role in this important revolution in the building industry. Readers gain a better understanding of how concrete can contribute to sustainable construction, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), and the green building movement overall. Green Building with Concrete: Sustainable Design and Construction, Second Edition presents the most recent information about concrete's role in the green building movement, state-of-the-art methodologies, and best practices, and provides readers with diverse viewpoints on global sustainability.
- Author BiographyGajanan M. Sabnis, PhD, PE, is an international consultant and advisor to companies in the US and in India. He is an emeritus professor at Howard University in Washington, District of Columbia. With his diverse cultural background and experience in the United States and India, he spends considerable time in India to assist on infrastructure projects there. Dr. Sabnis is a strong proponent of sustainability in civil engineering. He participated in the initial development of the policy on sustainability in the American Society of Civil Engineers and has built his own home as an experiment following the principles of sustainable construction.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication24/06/2015
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note208 black & white illustrations, 39 black & white tables
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byGajanan M. Sabnis
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.