All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on interviews with members of grassroots organisations, media and government institutions, Green Politics in China provides an in-depth and engaging account of the vel ways in which Chinese society is responding to its environmental crisis, using examples rarely captured in Western media or academia. Joy Y. Zhang and Michael Barr explain how environmental problems are transforming Chinese society through new developments such as the struggle for clean air, low-carbon conspiracy theories, new forms of public fund raising and the international tactics of grassroots NGOs. In doing so, they challenge static understandings of state-society relations in China. Green Politics in China is an illuminating and detailed investigation which provides crucial insights into how China is both changing internally and emerging as a powerful player in global environmental politics.
- Author BiographyJoy Y Zhang is a Lecturer in Sociology at the University of Kent and is an Affiliated Researcher at the College d'Etudes Mondiales, Fondation Maison des sciences de l'homme, France. She is the author of The Cosmopolitanization of Science: Stem Cell Governance in China (2012). Michael Barr is a Lecturer in International Politics at Newcastle University. He is the author of Who's Afraid of China? The Challenge of Chinese Soft Power (2011).
- Author(s)Joy Y. Zhang,Michael D. Barr
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication07/06/2013
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight340 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.