All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph focuses on the issues facing sustainability in supply chains. Specifically it provides an overview of green supply chain management (GSCM) and the management of techlogy within this context. The topics include the operational and techlogical activities and characteristics of GSCM management. Organizational greening activities that play a role in GSCM operations are presented. The mograph also provides functional activities of the GSCM which include supplier management, internal operations management, logistics, and reverse logistics issues. Managerial considerations related to planning, justifying, and implementing GSCM and the respective techlogies provide some insights into management decisions that will be faced in this environment. The references and bibliography provide a dozens of additional readings for those interested in this emergent and complex issue.
- Author BiographyJoseph Sarkis is a Professor of Management within Worcester Polytechnic Institute's School of Business. He earned his Ph.D. from SUNY at Buffalo. He was also a faculty member at Clark University and the University of Texas at Arlington. His teaching and research interests include topics in Business and the Natural Environment, Operations, Logistics, Technology, Information and Supply Chain Management. He has also taught courses on topics in Sustainability, Business and the Natural Environment. He has published over 175 papers in peer reviewed journals on topics ranging from manufacturing and production technology to service, nonprofit and governmental settings. He has also published over 150 additional papers as chapters in books and in conference proceedings. He has published 7 books. He is editor of Management Research Review. He is editor of the social issues and sustainability department for IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. He is a General Editor for the Journal of Green Building. Dr. Sarkis has served as Guest Editor of over a dozen special issues on Sustainability and Business topics in such journals as the European Journal of Operational Research, Decision Sciences, Journal of Cleaner Production, Business Strategy and the Environment, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, International Journal of Production Economics, Greener Management International, and Information Systems Frontiers. He also serves on the editorial boards for a broad variety of journals including sustainability, operations and supply chain management, technology management, production, and information systems journals. He has served as a visiting scholar at various international locations including Cardiff University's BRASS center, the University of Oviedo in Spain, Hanken School of Economics in Helsinki, and in the EU Erasmus Mondus MESPOM program. He has also been a Sea-Sky Scholar at Dalian University of Technology in China. He is an AT&T Industrial Ecology Fellow.
- Author(s)Joseph Sarkis,Sarkis Joseph
- PublisherAmerican Society of Mechanical Engineers,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationFairfield
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Society of Mechanical Engineers,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.