All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionAs the sustainable agriculture movement has grown, there has been a dramatic increase in the production of horticultural crops in greenhouses worldwide. Although there are numerous publications associated with pest management in greenhouses, Greenhouse Pest Management is the first comprehensive book on managing greenhouse arthropod pests, particularly in commercial production systems. The book contains the necessary information on major insects and mites, describing their biology and life cycle. Color images are included to help with identification and also to illustrate the damage these insects and mites can cause to greenhouse-grown horticultural crops. The book also assesses strategies for managing greenhouse pests, such as cultural, physical, and biological control as well as the use of pesticides, and describes how cultural practices and sanitation affect pest population dynamics. Richly illustrated and presenting material in a concise and focused format, Greenhouse Pest Management is a vital book for professional growers and pest managers, researchers, crop consultants and advisors, hobbyists, students, and government agricultural extension agents. It provides a thorough source of textual and visual information for handling pests in greenhouses.
- Author BiographyRaymond A. Cloyd is a professor and extension specialist in horticultural entomology and plant protection in the Department of Entomology at Kansas State University, Manhattan. His research and extension program involves pest management in greenhouses, nurseries, landscapes, turfgrass, conservatories, interiorscapes, Christmas trees, and vegetables and fruits. He is the extension specialist in horticultural entomology for the state of Kansas with a major clientele that includes homeowners, master gardeners, and professional and commercial operators. He has published over 80 scientific refereed publications and over 600 trade journals on topics related to pest management/plant protection. He has also authored or coauthored numerous books, book chapters, manuals, picture or pocket guides, and extension-related publications. He has received numerous awards and is a frequent speaker at state, national, and international conferences and seminars.
- Author(s)Raymond A. Cloyd
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/06/2016
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleContemporary Topics in Entomology
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note151 colour illustrations, 4 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.