All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is a compilation of essays and research related to the rapidly changing dynamics of emerging government-focused sustainability efforts at the state and local levels. Specifically, the book explores the level of experimentation taking place by governments in their quest to become more green. The book is organized into three main issue areas: greening of governmental operations; using land use planning and community development tools to create greener communities; and litigation issues surrounding the green movement. There are countless approaches and creative strategies that can achieve sustainability goals and at the same time, make government more efficient, less costly and more transparent. This book is designed to introduce government lawyers to opportunities and benefits when lawmakers and policymakers rethink business as usual in the name of sustainability and greener governments. Each chapter identifies the legal tools that can be used to accomplish these goals in a given topic area, and each chapter identifies legal issues for consideration by government lawyers to best accommodate new approaches and to incorporate the use of emerging techlogical invations.
- Author BiographyKeith H. Hirokawa teaches property, land use, natural resources and environmental law at Albany Law School in Albany, NY. Patricia E. Salkin is the dean and a professor of law at Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center.
- Author(s)Keith H. Hirokawa,Patricia E. Salkin
- PublisherAmerican Bar Association
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Bar Association
- Weight885 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.