All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA remarkable, wide-ranging attempt to read the Pauline literature from an ecological perspective, Greening Pau l, the first book of its kind, traverses carefully between extremes claiming to present Paul's narrative world and simply subjugating the Bible to a contemporary set of ethical values. Skillfully the authors craft their reading of Paul according to the cutting-edge insights of narrative criticism and tackle burning questions which assail Christians in the present ecological crisis: Does the biblical tradition inculcate an anthropocentric worldview that gives humanity license to exploit the earth for our benefit? Does biblical eschatology imply that the earth is of only passing significance for the elect? Greening Paul is a timely and adroit re-reading of the apostle Paul that provides a potentially very fruitful ecological vision, all the while staying true to the biblical text.
- Author BiographyDavid G. Horrell is Professor of New Testament Studies and Director of the Centre for Biblical Studies at the University of Exeter, U.K. Cherryl Hunt is an Associate Research Fellow of the University of Exeter, U.K. Christopher Southgate is a Research Fellow of the University of Exeter, U.K., and Dean of Studies of the South West Ministry Training Course.
- Author(s)Cherryl Hunt,Christopher Southgate,David G. Horrell
- PublisherBaylor University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationWaco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaylor University Press
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.