Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionAttention to environmental issues is vital if the full potential ecomic benefits of international trade are to be realized. Greening the Americas offers a number of analytically rigorous proposals to ensure that ecomic integration in the Western Hemisphere proceeds in an environmentally sustainable and politically sensible manner. The chapters review the history of the environmental negotiations of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), explore the treaty's ecomic and environmental impacts, and draw lessons that can be applied to the ongoing Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) negotiations. Greening the Americas analyzes in detail NAFTA's environmental elements, highlighting those provisions that should be included in future agreements and those that should be amended or dropped. The book includes contributions from a diverse set of participants in the debate about how to link environmental policy and trade agreements. The perspectives range from the broadly optimistic about environmental effects of trade and trade liberalization to a more pessimistic view of the ecomic and social effects of open markets and ecomic integration. What unites all of the contributions is a commitment to engage constructively in the policy dialogue over how best to integrate trade and environmental policy making in the Americas.
- Author BiographyCarolyn L. Deere is Assistant Director of the Global Inclusion Theme of the Rockefeller Foundation.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note10
- Weight535 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byC.L. Deere,Daniel C. Esty
- Foreword byJose Maria Figueres-Olsen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.