All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIT organizations are under intense pressure to manage the power consumed by data centers and the resulting cooling demands. To address these needs, IT needs to properly blend people, process and techlogy to create solutions. This book will provide an overview of processes for planning but will mainly focus on technical improvement opportunities at a high-level. The chapters are intended to give management data center power consumption areas to investigate. Rather than a linear cookbook approach, the chapters are organized in such a manner that the reader can skip to the topic of interest. Help you produce a technical roadmap that supports the objectives of Green IT Indeed, most data centers will t suffer from a lack of opportunities to improve. What is needed is careful planning and deliberate execution to manage power and cooling while continuing to create and protect value for the organization This pocket guide is written by George Spafford who is a Principal Consultant with Pepperweed Consulting, LLC, and an experienced practitioner in business and IT operations. He is a prolific author and speaker, and has consulted and conducted training on regulatory compliance, IT Governance, and process improvement in the U.S., Australia, New Zealand and China. Publications include co-authorship of The Visible Ops Handbook and Visible Ops Security .
- Author BiographyGeorge Spafford is a Principal Consultant with Pepperweed Consulting, LLC, and an experienced practitioner in business and IT operations. He is a prolific author and speaker, and has consulted and conducted training on regulatory compliance, IT Governance, and process improvement in the U.S., Australia, New Zealand and China. Publications include co-authorship of The Visible Ops Handbook and Visible Ops SecurityA . George holds an MBA from Notre Dame, a BA in Materials and Logistics Management from Michigan State University and an honorary degree from Konan Daigaku in Japan. He is an ITIL(R) Service Manager, TOCICO Jonah and a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). George is a current member of the IIA, ISACA, ITPI, ITSMF, and the TOCICO.
- Author(s)George Spafford
- PublisherIT Governance Publishing
- Date of Publication02/04/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIT Governance Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight56 g
- Width95 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.