All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeleaguered by mutual recrimination between rich and poor countries, squeezed by the zero-sum arithmetic of a shrinking global carbon budget, and overtaken by shifts in ecomic and hence bargaining power between these countries, international cooperation on climate change has floundered. Given these three factors - which Arvind Subramanian and Aaditya Mattoo call the narrative, adding up, and new world problems - the wonder is t the current impasse; it is, rather, the belief that progress might be possible at all. In this book, the authors argue that any chance of progress must address each of these problems in a radically different way. First, the old narrative of recrimination must cede to a narrative based on recognition of common interests. Second, leaders must shift the focus away from emissions cuts to techlogy generation. Third, the old cash-for-cuts approach must be abandoned for one that requires contributions from all countries calibrated in magnitude and form to their current level of development and future prospects.
- Author BiographyArvind Subramanian is a senior fellow at the Center for Global Development with a joint appointment at the Peter G. Peterson Institute for International Economics. Aaditya Mattoo is the research manager for trade and integration at the World Bank.
- Author(s)Aaditya Mattoo,Arvind Subramanian
- PublisherCentre for Global Development
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCentre for Global Development
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight181 g
- Width156 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.