Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $163.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $261.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince publication of the first edition over a decade ago, Green's Functions with Applications has provided applied scientists and engineers with a systematic approach to the various methods available for deriving a Green's function. This fully revised Second Edition retains the same purpose, but has been meticulously updated to reflect the current state of the art. The book opens with necessary background information: a new chapter on the historical development of the Green's function, coverage of the Fourier and Laplace transforms, a discussion of the classical special functions of Bessel functions and Legendre polymials, and a review of the Dirac delta function. The text then presents Green's functions for each class of differential equation (ordinary differential, wave, heat, and Helmholtz equations) according to the number of spatial dimensions and the geometry of the domain. Detailing step-by-step methods for finding and computing Green's functions, each chapter contains a special section devoted to topics where Green's functions particularly are useful. For example, in the case of the wave equation, Green's functions are beneficial in describing diffraction and waves. To aid readers in developing practical skills for finding Green's functions, worked examples, problem sets, and illustrations from acoustics, applied mechanics, antennas, and the stability of fluids and plasmas are featured throughout the text. A new chapter on numerical methods closes the book. Included solutions and hundreds of references to the literature on the construction and use of Green's functions make Green's Functions with Applications, Second Edition a valuable sourcebook for practitioners as well as graduate students in the sciences and engineering.
- Author BiographyDean G. Duffy received his bachelor of science in geophysics from Case Institute of Technology, Cleveland, Ohio, USA, and his doctorate of science in meteorology from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA. He served in the US Air Force for four years as a numerical weather prediction officer. After his military service, he began a twenty-five year association with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland, USA. Widely published, Dr. Duffy has taught courses at the US Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland, and the US Military Academy, West Point, New York.
- Author(s)Dean G. Duffy
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- Series TitleAdvances in Applied Mathematics
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note176 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables
- Weight1111 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.