Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.49Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionWell, what do all mysteries have? said Aunt Isobel. Money, mistresses, and murder. 1783 -Lichfield society is enthralled by the arrival of dashing ex-officer Orville; he charms his way into the salons, grand houses and even a great inheritance from extrovert Sir Morton. 1927 -Detective writer Julia Warren returns to her home in Lichfield to work on her next vel. Initially she hopes to find plot material from the past and set it in the present. Aunt Isobel, while making preparations for the annual midsummer ball, has managed to root out an old journal from 1783 which might prove a source of inspiration. Once Julia starts reading her ancestor's journal she becomes absorbed in solving the mystery surrounding officer Orville. Detective fever takes over, and she moves from reality to legend as events from the past seem set to re-enact themselves in the present, and she finds herself unravelling more than just the one mystery. Who was Orville? Who was the agent, Oddman, set to spy on him? And who is helpful Mr Grenall? A complex, multi-layered story unlike any other, full of whimsy, horror, and mystery, shifting between the centuries and from source to source, until all the threads are finally drawn together by the imperturbable Miss Warren.
- Author BiographyAfter studying Early Music in Italy followed by a brief career in concert performance, B. Lloyd exchanged vocal parts for less vocal arts i.e. a Diploma from the Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia.
- Author(s)B. Lloyd
- PublisherHolland House
- Date of Publication04/04/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNewbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGrey Cells Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.