All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionA group of North American scholars gathered at the University of Notre Dame in 1993 for a symposium on Pope Gregory the Great (550-604). The essays collected in this volume are arranged in the order in which they were delivered, and several additional contributions are included as well. In these essays Gregory emerges as a figure both interpreting and interpreted: interpreting the past, receiving, synthesizing, and developing the teachings of earlier writers, and, by this very process, presenting a persuasive theological and pastoral agenda which itself inspires ongoing projects of interpretation and development in later periods up to and including our own.
- Author BiographyJOHN C. CAVADINI is Chairman and Associate Professor of Theology at the University of Notre Dame and is editor of Miracles in Jewish and Christian Antiquity (Notre Dame Press, 2000).
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2001
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleNotre Dame Studies in Theology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJohn C. Cavadini
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.