Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionThe first and most terrifying monster in English literature, from the great early epicBeowulf, tells his own side ofthe story in this frequently banned book.This classic and much lauded retelling of Beowulffollows the monster Grendel as he learns about humans and fights the war at the center ofthe Anglo Saxon classic epic.This is the book William Gass called one of the finest of our contemporary fictions.
- Author BiographyJohn Gardner received wide acclaim for his novels, his collections of short stories and his critical works. He was born in Batavia, New York in 1933 and taught English, Anglo-Saxon and creative writing in Oberlin, Chico State College, San Francisco State, Southern Illinois, Bennington and SUNY-Binghamton. His books includeThe Art of Fiction, The Art of Living, Grendel, Jason, and Media, The Life and Times of Chaucer, Mickelsson's Ghosts, Nickel Mountain, October Light, The resurrection, The Sunlight Dialogues, Stillness and Shadows, and various books for children. He died in a motorcycle accident in 1982.
- Author(s)John Champlin Gardner
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/1989
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight227 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.