All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionGreywater Reuse examines the features and implications of greywater reuse scientifically, quantitatively, and thoroughly. Based on the authors' extensive studies of treatment facilities in urban and rural environments, development of greywater treatment systems, and research of potential environmental and health risks posed by greywater at different treatment levels, this authoritative text: * Describes the chemical, physical, and microbial properties of greywater * Covers the treatment and removal of greywater pollutants, providing case studies of common methods * Identifies the risks involved in greywater use and proposes regulatory measures to help reduce these risks * Reviews the greywater management strategies, policies, and legislation of several different countries * Discusses the prevailing public perception and willingness to adopt various uses of greywater * Analyzes the ecomic impact of greywater reuse from both the consumer and national perspectives Greywater Reuse addresses all major aspects related to greywater reuse, making it a valuable resource for a variety of applications.
- Author BiographyAmit Gross completed his undergraduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, and earned his M.Sc and Ph.D from Auburn University, Alabama, USA. He conducted postdoctoral training in Australia and at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel, where he is currently associate professor in the Department of Environmental Hydrology and Microbiology, Zuckerberg Institute for Water Research, Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research. Dr. Gross's research involves the treatment and efficient use of marginal water and the environmental risks associated with contaminated water resources. Widely published, he serves on the editorial boards of several journals and on the committees of various national and international conferences. Adi Maimon completed her undergraduate studies in marine sciences at the Ruppin Academic Center, Israel. She earned her M.Sc in 2010, and then undertook a Ph.D program with Dr. Gross at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel, where she currently studies various aspects of greywater reuse. Yuval Alfiya completed his undergraduate studies in environmental engineering at the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, where he also earned an M.Sc in agricultural engineering. From 2004 to 2008, he worked as a research assistant in the National Center for Mariculture, Eilat, Israel. He then worked for five years as a research engineer with Dr. Friedler. In 2013, he began his Ph.D program with Dr. Friedler at the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, where he currently studies various aspects of greywater reuse. Eran Friedler completed his undergraduate studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, and earned his Ph.D from the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa. He conducted postdoctoral training at the Imperial College London, UK, and then returned to Israel to become a partner in an environmental consultancy. He is currently associate professor in the Department of Environmental, Water, and Agricultural Engineering, member of the Grand Water Research Institute, and senior research fellow of the Samuel Neaman Institute for Advanced Studies in Science and Technology at the Technion. Widely published, Dr. Friedler is associate editor of the Urban Water Journal and serves on various conference committees.
- Author(s)Adi Maimon,Amit Gross,Eran Friedler,Yuval Alfiya
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note63 black & white illustrations, 53 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.