Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $104.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for senior undergraduate and first-year graduate students, Grid Computing: Techniques and Applications shows professors how to teach this subject in a practical way. Extensively classroom-tested, it covers job submission and scheduling, Grid security, Grid computing services and software tools, graphical user interfaces, workflow editors, and Grid-enabling applications. The book begins with an introduction that discusses the use of a Grid computing Web-based portal. It then examines the underlying action of job submission using a command-line interface and the use of a job scheduler. After describing both general Internet security techniques and specific security mechanisms developed for Grid computing, the author focuses on Web services techlogies and how they are adopted for Grid computing. He also discusses the advantages of using a graphical user interface over a command-line interface and presents a graphical workflow editor that enables users to compose sequences of computational tasks visually using a simple drag-and-drop interface. The final chapter explains how to deploy applications on a Grid. The Grid computing platform offers much more than simply running an application at a remote site. It also enables multiple, geographically distributed computers to collectively obtain increased speed and fault tolerance. Illustrating this kind of resource discovery, this practical text encompasses the varied and interconnected aspects of Grid computing, including how to design a system infrastructure and Grid portal. Supplemental Web Resources The author's Web site offers various instructional resources, including slides and links to software for programming assignments. Many of these assignments do t require access to a Grid platform. Instead, the author provides step-by-step instructions for installing open-source software to deploy and test Web and Grid services, a Grid computing workflow editor to design and test workflows, and a Grid computing portal to deploy portlets.
- Author BiographyBarry Wilkinson is a professor of computer science and the director of the computer science master's program at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Author(s)Barry Wilkinson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Computational Science
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note164 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Series Edited byHorst D. Simon
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.