All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarperCollins is proud to present its new range of best-loved, essential classics. 'The wolf thought to himself, What a tender young creature! what a nice plump mouthful - she will be better to eat than the old woman. I must act craftily, so as to catch both. ' Collected by the German Grimm brothers, these folk tales have captured the imaginations of children and adults alike since they were first published in 1812. The best-kwn stories such as The Golden Goose, Hansel and Gretel, The Frog Prince, and Sw-White and Rose-Red remain as popular today as when first told, although there is an underlying darkness and violence to the original stories that has softened over time.
- Author BiographyThe Brothers Grimm were Jacob (1785-1863) and Wilhelm (1786-1859). The two were German academics, linguists, cultural researchers, and authors who are among the most well-known storytellers of folk tales, popularizing stories such as Cinderella , The Frog Prince , Hansel and Gretel , Rapunzel , Rumpelstiltskin , and Snow White . Their first collection of folk tales was published in 1812.
- Author(s)Grimm Brothers,Jacob Grimm,Wilhelm Grimm
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleCollins Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight190 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $51.53Trending at AU $60.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $22.01Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.