All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToo often dismissed as 'trash cinema', exploitation films have nevertheless become sincerely appreciated cult objects on home video. In this new study, David Church explores how the history of drive-in theatres and urban grind houses has descended to home video formats. Focusing on both the re-release of archival exploitation films on DVD and the recent cycle of 'retrosploitation' films like Grindhouse, Machete, Viva, and Black Dynamite, Church examines how stalgia shapes the aesthetics and politics of exploitation films and the fan cultures devoted to them.
- Author BiographyDavid Church is based at the Department of Communication and Culture, Indiana University.
- Author(s)David Church
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note21 black and white illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.