All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJimmy Burns is an expatriate American living in Mexico. For a time, Jimmy spent his days unearthing pre-Colombian artefacts. Now he makes a living doing small trucking jobs and helping out with the occasional missing person situation. However, Jimmy's laid back lifestyle is being seriously imposed upon by a ninety-pound stalker called Louise whose particular fascination with Jimmy is a mystery to him. Add to this a sudden wave of hippies (led by a murderous ex-con guru) in search of psychic happenings, archaeologists unearthing (illegally) the Mayan tombs, and Louise and her bizarre husband's quests for UFO landing sites, and Jimmy's simple existence is facing a clear and present danger.
- Author BiographyCharles Portis lives in Arkansas, where he was born and educated. He served in the Marine Corps during the Korean War. He was the London bureau chief of the New York Herald-Tribune, for which he was also a reporter. His first novel, Norwood, was published in 1966. His other novels are True Grit, The Dog of the South, and Masters of Atlantis.
- Author(s)Charles Portis
- PublisherGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.