All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The Florenti' is one of Melbourne's most famous and enduring restaurants. Generations of Australians have met, conversed, done deals and partied within its impressive surroundings. This history of the Florenti is intertwined with Melbourne's history, and with the history of Italian migration to Australia and its influence on local culture and eating habits. Beginning in 1900 as a wine cafe at the wrong end of town, it developed into a fine dining establishment that became the place to be seen. One of the first cafes in Melbourne to offer espresso coffee and homemade pasta, what became Grossi Florenti is w considered the city's best Italian restaurant. Its clientele has included prime ministers and politicians, corporate leaders, artists, writers, musicians, journalists and socialites, many of whom share their memories and anecdotes in these pages.
- Author BiographyGuy Grossi is a celebrated chef and restaurateur. He is the owner of Grossi Restaurants including Grossi Florentino, Mirka Continental Bistro, Merchant Osteria Veneta, Ombra Salumi Bar and Grossi Trattoria in Bangkok. As one of Australia's leading authorities on Italian food, Guy has been a judge on My Kitchen Rules and co-host of Italian Food Safari, and has appeared on MasterChef Australia. He also shares his knowledge through his bestselling books, which include Recipes From My Mother's Kitchen, My Italian Heart and Grossi Florentino-Secrets and Recipes. Guy is a dedicated philanthropist who is particularly interested in assisting young people in need and mentoring others. His restaurants consistently attract praise but what gives him the most joy is the satisfaction of feeding a hungry diner.
- Author(s)Guy Grossi,Jan McGuinness
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication02/07/2007
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationCamberwell
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2007
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), ports. (chiefly col.)
- Weight982 g
- Width250 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $45.22New
- AU $14.67New
- AU $34.81New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.34
- AU $29.21Trending at AU $35.59
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.04
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $38.23
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $44.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.