All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionA key element of the Department of Defense's effort to transform the force is developing capabilities for rapidly employable joint task forces (JTFs). In many plausible military interventions, long-range precision fires alone wouldn't be sufficient and the JTFs would need ground-maneuver forces that could be employed within days of a decision to take action. A first, provisional version of such capability could be achieved in the near to mid term by using existing airlift and ship-based prepostioning and by zer-basing. This mograph recommends a three-component first-week ground force of Army and Marine units that would incorporate modern doctrinal concepts emphasizing agility, dispersal, networking, and precision fires.
- Author(s)Eugene Gritton,John M. Matsumura,Paul K. Davis,Randall Steeb
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date14/09/2012
- Weight210 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.