All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGround-penetrating radar is a near-surface geophysical technique that can provide three-dimensional maps and other images of buried archaeological features and associated stratigraphy in a precise way. This book, by the expert in the field, provides the basics of the physics, chemistry, geology, and archaeology in a clear fashion, unburdened by complex equations or theory. The reader will be able to understand how the latest equipment and software and the results of data collection and processing can be used effectively in a number of different settings. Both potential pitfalls and successes and the reasons for them are discussed. The many well-illustrated examples, with important tables and graphs, are useful for reference in the field and for data processing.
- Author BiographyLawrence B. Conyers teaches in the Department of Anthropology at the University of Denver and conducts geophysical research at archaeological sites throughout the world.
- Author(s)Lawrence B. Conyers
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/06/2013
- Series TitleGeophysical Methods for Archaeology
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Note68 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white halftones, 6 tables
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.