Ground-water Microbiology and Geochemistry by Francis H. Chapelle (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $89.99+ AU $20.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buybrandnewbooks-com
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $114.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUp-to-date coverage and a unique, multidisciplinary approach The ongoing effort to protect our valuable ground-water resources necessarily involves scientists and engineers from many disciplines. Ground-Water Microbiology and Geochemistry, Second Edition is designed to bridge the historical lack of communication among these disciplines by detailing-in language that cuts across specialties-the impact of microorganisms and microbial processes on ground-water systems. Carefully revised to reflect the many recent discoveries that have been made in the field, the Second Edition begins with an overview of microbiology, ideal for hydrologists and others who may lack formal training in the field. These initial chapters systematically cover the kinds of microorganisms found in subsurface environments, focusing on their growth, metabolism, genetics, and ecology. The second part of the book offers a hydrologic perspective on how microbial processes affect ground-water geochemistry in pristine systems. It also introduces the different classes of ground-water systems, and gives an overview of techniques for sampling subsurface environments. Readers gain an understanding of biogeochemical cycling in ground-water systems-in coverage unique to this book-and how ground-water chemistry can be used to study microbial processes in aquifer systems. The final section of the book deals with the biodegradation of human-introduced contaminants in ground-water systems, with an up-to-date review of the physiology, biochemistry, and redox conditions that favor biodegradation processes. Ground-Water Microbiology and Geochemistry, Second Edition is important reading for geoscientists, hydrologists, and environmental engineers, as well as for water planners and lawyers involved in environmental issues. It also serves as a compelling text for upper-level undergraduate and graduate courses in ground-water chemistry.
- Author BiographyFRANCIS H. CHAPELLE is a research hydrologist for the U.S. Geological Survey in Columbia, South Carolina, and is the team leader for the USGS Microbial Studies Group in the South Carolina District. He has also been active in the movement to establish a firm, scientific basis for applying bioremediation strategies to contaminated ground-water systems. He is the 2000 recipient of the O.E. Meinzer award given by the Geological Society of America.
- Author(s)Francis H. Chapelle
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2000
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
- Weight1076 g
- Width186 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $24.74New
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $19.85New
- AU $31.89New
- AU $21.70New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.73Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.52Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.