Grounding the Cloud: Basics and Brokerages by MS Todd D Lyle (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrounding the Cloud: Basics and Brokerages is an easy to understand overview that will allow you to harness the power of the cloud to advance your business goals using clearly defined concepts of cloud computing, easy to understand definitions comprehensive checklists, and real-world success stories. Learn how organizations of all sizes, from small private accounting firms to massive governmental agencies utilize the current IT revolution to greatly increase productivity by embracing the cloud's ecosystem of shared services. Explore the three types of cloud models (public, private, and hybrid). Discover cloud services brokerages (CSB), learn how they operate, and decide if they are right for you. Begin transitioning your business to the cloud by performing the comprehensive on-site assessment found in this book. Build a gateway cloud, or prepare a request for proposal with the handy guides contained in the book.
- Author BiographyTodd Lyle has become a leader in cloud computing with a focus on the human element. His fascination with the possibilities of information technology began when he was issued his first laptop computer while serving as a young officer in a U.S. Army aviation regiment in Korea. A bulky Zenith Supersport, with only two functions was his first brush with mobile computing. After leaving active duty Lyle obtained a Master's Degree in Risk Management and accepted a position with Microsoft where he became a group manager responsible for Consumer Support. It was while working at Microsoft that Lyle became interested in the myriad ways that information technology could improve overall business productivity. Being well aware of the growing potential of cloud computing, in 2007 Lyle launched Duncan LLC to participate in this exciting new industry. At Duncan, Lyle assembled a business and technology savvy team that created ingenious cloud computing service bundles that focus on providing affordable and customer-centric solutions for the business world. While running Duncan LLC, Lyle wrote of his enthusiasm for the potential of cloud computing. This attracted the attention of Gartner (NYSE: IT), an internationally-recognized information technology research and advisory company. In 2012 Gartner awarded Duncan LLC Cool Vendor status and was so impressed with Lyle's business philosophy that they encouraged him to step up and become a leading voice for the burgeoning new branch of IT management known as the specialized cloud services brokerage (SCSB). Lyle responded to the challenge, and the result is this book. May it provide you with the information and motivation you need to benefit from the many possibilities that cloud computing can bring to your organization.
- Author(s)MS Todd D Lyle
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byLindsay Preston
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.