All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionYour Guide to Effective Groundwater Management Groundwater Assessment, Modeling, and Management discusses a variety of groundwater problems and outlines the solutions needed to sustain surface and ground water resources on a global scale. Contributors from around the world lend their expertise and provide an international perspective on groundwater management. They address the management of groundwater resources and pollution, waste water treatment methods, and the impact of climate change on groundwater and water availability (specifically in arid and semi-arid regions such as India and Africa). Incorporating management with science and modeling, the book covers all areas of groundwater resource assessment, modeling, and management, and combines hands-on applications with relevant theory. For Water Resource Managers and Decision Makers The book describes techniques for the assessment of groundwater potential, pollution, prevention, and remedial measures, and includes a new approach for groundwater modeling based on connections (network theory). Approximately 30 case studies and six hypothetical studies are introduced reflecting a range of themes that include: groundwater basics and the derivation of groundwater flow equations, exploration and assessment, aquifer parameterization, augmentation of aquifer, water and environment, water and agriculture, the role of models and their application, and water management policies and issues. The book describes remote sensing (RS) applications, geographical information systems (GIS), and electrical resistivity methods to delineate groundwater potential zones. It also takes a look at: * Inverse modeling (pilot-points method) * Simulation optimization models * Radionuclide migration studies through mass transport modeling * Modeling for mapping groundwater potential * Modeling for vertical 2-D and 3-D groundwater flow Groundwater Assessment, Modeling, and Management explores the management of water resources and the impact of climate change on groundwater. Expert contributors provide practical information on hydrologic engineering and groundwater resources management for students, researchers, scientists, and other practicing professionals in environmental engineering, hydrogeology, irrigation, geophysics, and environmental science.
- Author BiographyM. Thangarajan, formerly Scientist-G and head of the groundwater modeling group at the National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI), Hyderabad, India, obtained his B.Sc. and M.Sc. in physics at Madras University, Tamil Nadu, India. He obtained his PhD in applied geophysics at the Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad. He has carried out research work in the assessment and management of groundwater resources through electric analog and mathematical modeling. He has published over 140 research papers. He is also the co-editor of five conference proceedings volumes, the author of two books on groundwater modeling, and the editor of a book on groundwater. Vijay P. Singh is a distinguished professor and Caroline and William Lehrer distinguished chair in water engineering in the Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering and the Zachry Department of civil engineering at Texas A& M University. He received his BS, MS, PhD, and DSc in engineering. He is a registered professional engineer, professional hydrologist, and an honorary diplomate of water resources engineering for the American Academy of Water Resources Engineers, ASCE. He has published more than 850 journal papers; 24 textbooks; 57 edited reference books, and 100 book chapters. He has received numerous honors and awards for his contributions to the field.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication09/08/2016
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note243 black & white illustrations, 30 colour illustrations, 84 black & white tables
- Weight1666 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byM. Thangarajan,Vijay P. Singh
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.