All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces group dynamics theory and current research as it applies to recreation and leisure settings. It presents the key concepts and terms, a brief history of the field and the various theories and models of group development. The text then explains the concept of the conscious group, its nature and components and applies experiential learning theory to working with these groups. It moves beyond theory to show students that their understanding of group dynamics can be a meaningful and realistic tool.Students will learn to apply the theory to the practical factors and issues involved in leading and working with conscious groups. They'll explore group goal setting; clarification of objectives and expectations; processes for decision making and problem solving; positive communication; ethics, morals, and values; effective leadership of recreation groups and the effects of conflict, power, gender and environment on group functioning. Throughout the book, case studies, scenarios and examples from leisure services, parks, tourism and education help students understand and apply the information. This will be an ideal textbook for undergraduate students in group dynamics courses; supplemental text for students enrolled in core courses in recreation, leisure services, parks and tourism programming, leadership and management.
- Author BiographyTimothy S. O'Connell, PhD, is an associate professor in the department of recreation and leisure studies at Brock University in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, where he teaches outdoor recreation and group dynamics courses. Brent Cuthbertson, PhD, is an associate professor and director in the School of Outdoor Recreation, Parks, and Tourism at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada, where he teaches courses in outdoor leadership education.
- Author(s)Brent Cuthbertson,Timothy S. O'Connell
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note22 illustrations, 23 photos
- Weight567 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.