All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated edition of Susan Carrell's best-seller provides a practical, concise overview of group work with adolescents, including dos and don'ts for group leaders, as well as potential pitfalls and hazards and how to avoid them. Ideal for therapists, school counselors, spiritual leaders, and other helping professionals, the manual addresses a wide range of today's hot issues for adolescents, including sex, alcohol, drugs, values and ethics, family dynamics, self-esteem, management of difficult emotions, peer relationships, and spirituality. Avoiding the usual psychobabble, this -nsense guide discusses both behavioral and cognitive objectives, includes new exercises and is accompanied by a new companion teen journal.
- Author BiographySusan Carrell, RN, MS, LPC, is a therapist in private practice in Allenspark, Colorado. Previously, she was the Episcopal Chaplain for Missouri State University and Drury University. She was a substance abuse counselor for adolescents in an inpatient treatment facility and a psychiatric nurse clinician for hospitalized adolescents. She has been the owner and director of a state-certified alcohol and drug education program for youth. She also facilitated groups for high-risk adolescents in public high schools. She is author of Group Exercises for Adolescents: A Manual for Therapists (Sage Publications, 1st Edition, 1993, 2nd Edition, 2000) The Therapist's Toolbox: 26 Tools and an Assortment of Implements for the Busy Therapist (Sage Publications, 2001) and Escaping Toxic Guilt: 5 Proven Steps to Free Yourself from Guilt for Good (McGraw-Hill, 2008).
- Author(s)Susan E. Carrell
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication14/09/2010
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight776 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.