All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGroup Play Therapy presents an updated look at an effective yet underutilized therapeutic intervention. More than just an approach to treating children, group play therapy is a life-span approach, undergirded by solid theory and, in this volume, taking wings through exciting techniques. Drawing on their experiences as clinicians and educators, the authors weave theory and technique together to create a valuable resource for both mental health practitioners and advanced students. Therapists and ultimately their clients will benefit from enhancing their understanding of group play therapy.
- Author BiographyDaniel S. Sweeney, PhD, is a professor of counseling and director of the Northwest Center for Play Therapy Studies at George Fox University in Portland, Oregon. He is a past board member and president of the Association for Play Therapy. Dr. Sweeney maintains a small private practice and is an international presenter. He has authored or co-authored several books, including Play Therapy Interventions with Children's Problems, Counseling Children Through the World of Play, Sandtray Therapy: A Practical Manual, and The Handbook of Group Play Therapy. His books have been translated into Chinese, Korean, and Russian. Jennifer N. Baggerly, PhD, is a professor and the chair of the division of counseling and human services at the University of North Texas at Dallas and has served as chair of the board of directors of the Association for Play Therapy (APT). She has taught and provided group play therapy for over ten years in schools and community agencies. Dr. Baggerly's multiple research projects and over fifty publications have led to her being recognized as a prominent play therapy expert. Dee C. Ray, PhD, is a professor in the counseling program and director of the Child and Family Resource Clinic at the University of North Texas. Dr. Ray has published over seventy-five articles, chapters, and books in the field of play therapy, and over twenty research publications specifically examining the effects of child-centered play therapy. Dr. Ray is the author of Advanced Play Therapy, co-editor of Child Centered Play Therapy Research, and former editor of the International Journal of Play Therapy.
- Author(s)Daniel S. Sweeney,Dee C. Ray,Jennifer N. Baggerly
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/02/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.