All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than a recipe book of techniques that group leaders can pull out at the right time, this book encourages readers to use techniques sensitively and creatively in their own groups, and to go one step further to invent their own techniques. The authors draw on their combined experiences as teachers, as consultants to mental-health professionals, and as private practitioners to provide a realistic approach to group work. Emphasizing that techniques are means, t ends, the book is designed to enhance the group leader's ability to generate a therapeutic and human rapport between leader and members.
- Author BiographyJ. Michael Russell is professor of philosophy and human services at California State University at Fullerton, a psychoanalyst in private practice, and a core faculty member and training analyst of the Newport Psychoanalytic Institute. He has been leading workshops and teaching courses in personal growth since 1971, when he obtained his doctorate in philosophy from the University of California at Santa Barbara. He became a National Certified Counselor in 1984, a registered Research Psychoanalyst in 1985, and a Graduate Psychoanalyst in 1988. He is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Counseling Association and the Association for Specialists in Group Work. Marianne Schneider Corey is a licensed marriage and family therapist in California and is a National Certified Counselor. Marianne has been actively involved in providing training and supervision workshops in group process for human-services students and professionals; she regularly facilitates a self-exploration group for graduate students in counseling and co-facilitates weeklong residential workshops in personal growth. With Jerry, Marianne has conducted workshops in various countries. Gerald Corey is Professor Emeritus of Human Services and Counseling at California State University at Fullerton. He received his doctorate in counseling from the University of Southern California. He is a Diplomate in Counseling Psychology, American Board of Professional Psychology; a licensed psychologist; and a National Certified Counselor. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (Division 17, Counseling Psychology; and Division 49, Group Psychotherapy); a Fellow of the American Counseling Association; and a Fellow of the Association for Specialists in Group Work. Both Jerry and Marianne Corey received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Mental Health Counselors Association in 2011, and both also received the Eminent Career Award from ASGW in 2001. Dr. Jerry Corey was given the Outstanding Professor of the Year Award from California State University at Fullerton in 1991. He regularly teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in group counseling and ethics in counseling. He is the author or coauthor of 15 textbooks in counseling currently in print, along with more than 60 journal articles and book chapters. Patrick Callanan is a licensed marriage and family therapist in private practice in Santa Ana, California, and a National Certified Counselor. In his private practice he works with individuals, couples, and families. Patrick is on the part-time faculty of the Human Services Program at California State University at Fullerton, where he regularly teaches the internship course. He also offers his time each year to the university to assist in training and supervising group leaders, and co-teaches an undergraduate course in ethical and professional issues.
- Author(s)Gerald Corey,J. Russell,Marianne Schneider Corey,Patrick Callanan
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight364 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.