All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical manual presents a 29-session treatment program designed to engage, motivate, and stimulate processes of change in clients at all stages of recovery. The program is based on the research-supported transtheoretical model of behavior change. The manual describes skills-building activities and interventions that are likely to be most effective with clients as they cycle from the earlier stages of change/m-/precontemplation, contemplation, and preparation/m-/to the later stages, action and maintenance. Each of the structured sessions is presented in a consistent, highly accessible format, including a clear rationale, summary of objectives, and overview of the main activities that will take place. Step-by-step guidelines for implementation are provided, as well as strategies for using a motivational interviewing style. The manual is complete with all needed handouts and exercise forms, ready to photocopy and distribute to clients. Ideal for use with groups, the approach can easily be adapted to individual treatment.
- Author BiographyMary Marden Velasquez, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Family Practice and Community Medicine at the University of Texas-Houston Medical School. Gaylyn Gaddy Maurer, MA, is an outreach counselor at the University of Houston Campus Recreation and Wellness Center. Cathy Crouch, MSW, is Director of Programs with the SEARCH Homeless Project in Houston. Carlo C. DiClemente, PhD, is Professor and Chair of the Department of Psychology at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
- Author(s)Carlo C. DiClemente,Cathy Crouch,Gaylyn Maurer,Mary Marden Velasquez,Nanette Stokes Stephens
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication06/09/2001
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Out-of-print date06/08/2016
- Content Noteforms
- Weight554 g
- Width216 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.