All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA trusted course text and professional resource, this comprehensive book delves into all aspects of planning and conducting strengths-based group work with adolescents. In an accessible, down-to-earth style, Andrew Malekoff spells out the principles of effective group practice. Extensive clinical illustrations show how successful group leaders engage teens in addressing tough issues--including violence, sexuality, prejudice, social isolation, and substance abuse--in a wide range of settings. Normative issues that adolescents face in the multiple contexts of their lives are lucidly explained. Packed with creative ideas and activities, the book helps readers develop their skills as confident, reflective practitioners. New to This Edition *Significantly revised chapters on group work essentials, school-based practice, and trauma. *Additional topics: social media and cyberbullying, expressive and animal-assisted therapies, mindfulness, adolescent brain development, and more. *Updated practice principles, information, and references. *Numerous new practice illustrations.
- Author BiographyAndrew Malekoff, MSW, LCSW, CASAC, is Executive Director and CEO of the North Shore Child and Family Guidance Center in Roslyn Heights, New York, where he has worked since 1977. Mr. Malekoff is Editor in Chief of Social Work with Groups: A Journal of Community and Clinical Practice, has taught as an adjunct professor at the Adelphi and New York University Schools of Social Work, and serves as a board member for the International Association for Social Work with Groups. He was named Social Work Community Practitioner of the Year by the New York State Social Work Education Association. Widely published, Mr. Malekoff has presented his work and facilitated workshops across the United States and Canada.
- Author(s)Andrew Malekoff
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication14/07/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleClinical Practice with Children, Adolescents, and Families
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight784 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.