All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe book deals with fundamental structural aspects of algebraic and simple groups, Coxeter groups and the related geometries and buildings. All contributing authors are very active researchers in the topics related to the theme of the book. Some of the articles provide the latest developments in the subject; some provide an overview of the current status of some important problems in this area; some survey an area highlighting the current developments; and some provide an exposition of an area to collect problems and conjectures. It is hoped that these articles would be helpful to a beginner to start independent research on any of these topics, as well as to an expert to kw some of the latest developments or to consider some problems for investigation.
- Author BiographyN.S. NARASIMHA SASTRY is Professor and Head of Department of Mathematics at Indian Statistical Institute, Bengaluru, India. He received his Ph.D. from University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA and has held visiting positions at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India; Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA; University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia; Rutgers University, New Brunswick, USA; University of Florida, Gainsville, USA and University of Ghent, Belgium. He has served as referee for journals such as Journal of Algebra; Codes, Designs and Cryptography and Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra and has published in journals such as Journal of Algebra, Journal of Combinatorial Theory (Series A), Geometriae Dedicata, Journal of Functional Analysis, Journal of Operator Theory, Proceedings in Indian Academy of Sciences, Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics and Archiv der Mathematik. Some of the books edited by him include Groups, Finite Geometries and Buildings, published by Springer and Essays in Geometric Group Theory, published by the Ramanujam Mathematical Society. He has co-edited Perspectives in Mathematical Sciences, (Volumes 1 and 2), published by World Scientific. His research interests are finite groups including finite simple groups, geometries related to finite simple groups, algebraic codes, Coxeter groups and the Monster.
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2014
- Series TitleSpringer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics
- Series Part/Volume Number82
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables, biography
- Weight643 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byN. S. Narasimha Sastry
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.