Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.22+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJames Wong is back, putting his ethbotanical expertise to use once again, with over 100 new, natural, cheap and easy remedies, showing you and those around you how to have a fantastically healthy year. Whether you're fed up with your hormones, worried about your baby's nappy rash, your partner is prone to a sore-throat, or leg-waxing is proving just too expensive to maintain, Grow Your Own Drugs: A Year With James Wong offers over 100 great new remedies to soothe all manner of common conditions and beauty problems - whenever they might flare up. James shows how easy it to have access to the right ingredients whatever the weather, with his easy-to follow seasonal focus - whether you've got a window box, a roof terrace, a country garden (or a computer to order the goods online...). His seasonal planner takes you right through from Spring to Winter, making sure you kw what to plant when, the best time to harvest and how to create your own mini-apothecary (or store-cupboard) at home. Packed with James's personal top tips and easy solutions for both growing and making remedies, this is your must-have companion to help ward off any ailments and complaints which might crop up throughout the year, the natural, James Wong way. FEATURES: * Over 100 new remedies * New seasonal guide - how to make sure you have all the ingredients you need for a healthy body and mind all year round * New n-gardener's guide: if you're t green-fingered or don't have a garden, James reveals how to identify plants and how to source good quality ingredients online * More about James's personal inspirations: how he came to a career in ethbotany, how he goes about living his own GYOD year and why a seasonal approach is important and easy to adopt * James's top tips and new gift flashes (perfect for cheap, thoughtful presents) * New case studies: how people who've tried and tested the remedies have got on * New HOME section: brilliant natural and cheap remedies for home life. Contains pet flea powder, horsetail metal polish, wood polish, carpet deodoriser
- Author BiographyJames Wong grew up in Malaysia and Singapore. He trained at the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew and gained an MSc in Ethnobotany from the University of Kent, graduating with distinction. His research has taken him to highland Ecuador, as well as to China and Java. He now lectures at the University of Kent and has also co-designed and built two RHS medal-winning gardens (in 2004 and 2008), which were designed to show that there is more to plants than 'looking pretty'.
- Author(s)James Wong
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication07/11/2009
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note(colour photos throughout)
- Weight840 g
- Width195 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.