All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionFoster life-long teacher learning embedded in effective teaching practices and the science standards Science is a natural motivator and an academic engine for utilizing language, but it is the teacher who is the key to fostering the innate curiosity in each learner. Growing Language Through Science offers a model for contextualizing language and promoting academic success for all students, particularly English learners in the K-5 science classroom, through a highly effective approach that integrates inquiry-based science lessons with language rich hand-on experiences. You'll find * A wealth of instructional tools to support and engage students, with links to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) * Presentation and assessment strategies that accommodate students' diverse needs, while encouraging them to use communicative language, speaking, listening, reading, and writing * Ready-to-use templates and illustrations to enrich the textual discussion * Field-tested teaching strategies framed in the 5Es used in molingual and bilingual classrooms * Reflection exercises that enhance teacher instructional decision making. Use this timely resource to build students' science and language skills simultaneously - while helping them find the joy in learning.
- Author BiographyJudy Reinhartz' career spans nearly five decades in K-16 education, as an elementary and middle school science teacher, secondary school biology and department science chair, and a professor of undergraduate and graduate science education, curriculum development, research, educational leadership and supervision, and instructional strategy courses. She also is a researcher, writer of numerous articles, chapters, and books, presenter, consultant, and director of centers for science, research, effective teaching and learning, and clinical experiences and student teaching. Judy has developed a culture of inquiry and worked with diverse populations of students, teachers, faculty members, staff, members of the business community, and parents in varied educational settings at the local, state, national, and international levels. Throughout her career, she has been a role model for collaboration. She has presented a myriad of research and research into practice papers at professional meetings and conducted professional development for teachers, many targeting science teaching to diverse learners. Judy is a former associate dean and Professor Emeritus at The University of Texas at El Paso and her degrees include a doctorate from University of New Mexico, master's from Seton Hall University, and bachelor's from Rutgers University. She is the recipient of the Outstanding Teacher Award from The University of Texas at Arlington where she also was a professor for many years.
- Author(s)Judy G. Reinhartz
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.