Growing Up Catholic: The Millennium Edition: An Infinitely Funny Guide for the Faithful, the Fallen and Everyone In-Between by Richard Glen Michael Davis, Jeffery Allen Joseph Stone, Maureen Kelly, Mary Jane Frances Cavolina, Jeffrey Allen Joseph Stone (Paperback / softback, 2000)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe original edition of Growing Up Catholic, along with its sequels, struck a heavenly chord with a generation of Catholics of all persuasions. Now, to commemorate the Great Catholic Jubilee of the Year 2000, the authors bless us with an updated and expanded version of this beloved national bestseller. Filled with a witty, poignant, and downright hilarious potpourri of essays, lists, games, drawings, photos, and quizzes, it includes the best of all three Growing Up Catholic books, along with many all-new features, such as: Jubilee 2000: Not Your Average Birthday PartyFather Phil: Confessor to the SoprasWho Will Be The Next Pope?: A Handicapper's GuideAnsubstantiationtray: Can't Anybody Here Speak Latin Anymore?www.holy.com For Catholics of all ages -- from those who lived through Vatican II to those who've never seen a nun's habit except in a movie -- Growing Up Catholic celebrates in a lighthearted way the funny and sublime side of day-to-day Catholic life.
- Author BiographyMary Jane Frances Cavolina was born in 1954 and grew up in the Bayside section of Queens, New York, where she attended Sacred Heart School. A model student, Jane once received a prayer book for never turning her head during Mass. She attended St. Mary's Girls' High School, where she perfected her understanding of the concept of purgatory, and went on to receive a B.A. Honors degre from Hunter College. Jane is the coauthor, with her sister Ellen Cavolina, of How to Really Watch The Godfather. She lives in Lambertville, New Jersey. Jeffrey Allen Joseph Stone was born in Providence, Rhode Island, in 1966 and grew up in Westbrook and Gorman, Maine. He was baptized at an Italian parish in Providence, despite the fact that an associate pastor contended that neither Jeffrey nor Allen was a saint's name. Among his coauthors, Jeff is the only public --a public school student who attended CCD classes at a Catholic school on Saturdays and was accused, along with his fellow CCDers, of messing up the parochial kids' desks. Jeff graduated magna cum laude from Brown University in 1977. Now living in New York City, he is a coauthor of Treasures of the Aquarians and What Color Is Your Toothbrush? Maureen Anne Teresa Kelly was born in 1957 and was baptized at Most Precious Blood Church in Denver. Her first confession was said at St. Pius X Church in Dallas, and she received her first Holy Communion at Holy Ghost Church in Houston. In parochial school she won a glow-in-the-dark plastic Madonna for selling Holy Childhood Christmas Seals and was a member of the Junior Altar Rosary Society, an organization of young Catholic girls dedicated to straightening church pews and dusting kneelers. She went on to St. Agnes Academy in Houston and Randolph-Macon Woman's College in Lynchburg, Virginia. A coauthor of Working in France, she lives in Pittsburgh. Richard Glen Michael Davis was born in 1953 and was baptized at St. Valentine's Church in Cicero, Illinois. After attending Sacred Heart, St. Elizabeth of Hungary, Mary Queen of Heaven, and Christ the King schools, he graduated from Montini High School--Montini being the surname of Pope Paul VI--and went on to receive a B.A. from the University of Illinois. Richard, who lives in Glendale, California, is a coauthor of Treasures of the Aquarians and What Color Is Your Toothbrush? He has written for the Los Angeles Times magazine, the Los Angeles Times and other publications.
- Author(s)Jeffery Allen Joseph Stone,Jeffrey Allen Joseph Stone,Mary Jane Frances Cavolina,Maureen Kelly,Richard Glen Michael Davis
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication10/10/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width134 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.