All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Growing Up Happyneuroscientist Dr Jenny Barnett, and teacher and mum Alexia Barrable describe scientifically-proven methods by which children's happiness can be boosted in just a few minutes each day. With easy-to-use activities for toddlers through to teenagers, this book steers the reader through simple and practical ways, grounded in scientific research, to enhance children's - and adults' - day-to-day happiness. It includes ? How practising mindfulness is possible even for your toddler ? Why time outdoors helps your mental state, whatever the weather ? How singing, smiling and stroking a cat all activate your 'bonding chemistry' ? Why fostering gratitude will make your teenager happier This book will t tell you how to be a flawless parent, or how to raise perfect children, but it will give you proven and successful ways in which to make the days you spend with your kids more enjoyable, meaningful, and ultimately happier.
- Author BiographyAlexia Barrable is an experienced primary school teacher with a passion for applying scientific research in her classroom. She taught in private schools in London and in Athens, Greece, where she now lives. She is also mum to two young boys. Inspired by the ever-growing field of positive psychology she enlisted the help of friend and neuroscientist Dr Jenny Barnett to write this book. Dr Jenny Barnett is a psychologist and neuroscientist trained at Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard universities. She is particularly interested in the practical applications of cognitive science to practical problems. The two have been friends since meeting at school twenty years ago, but this is their first collaborative writing project.
- Author(s)Alexia Barrable,Dr. Jennifer Barnett
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight300 g
- Width234 mm
- Height158 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.