All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionApartments are the new houses for a growing number of Australians. Housing affordability, aging, environmental issues, immigration and shrinking household formation patterns are driving this shift. Apartments are w the dominant form of new housing in many of our capital cities. In a little under 20 years over half of Sydney's population will live in apartments. In other cities the trend will be the same. The legal concept of strata title was invented just over 50 years ago as a means of conveniently financing separately-owned flats with common property and facilities, the strata concept has come a long way. Since then increasingly complex laws have been developed to accommodate increasingly complex buildings, many of which w incorporate a mix of uses. Despite these trends towards more complex housing forms and the many and varied laws that apply to them, our owners corporations and bodies corporate are compulsory t-for-profit organisations, run by volunteers from within the strata community concerned. Strata expert and author Michael Teys has written this book to help strata communities and the owners corporations that run them think about the issues they face w and into the future. Growing Up is a thought-provoking book on an important subject as more and more Australians adopt higher-density living and learn to live in closer proximity with their neighbours.
- Author BiographyMichael Teys is the Managing Director of Block Strata. He has a Bachelor of Laws and has for 30 years practiced exclusively in the area of strata and community title law and management. He is a Fellow of the Australian College of Community Association Lawyers and lectures in property investing for Charles Sturt University. Michael appears weekly on SKY News Business Channel's Property Success with Margaret Lomas and is a regular panellist for the property edition of Your Money, Your Call for the same channel.
- Author(s)Michael Teys
- PublisherMajor Street Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationHighett, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMajor Street Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.