All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $22.70Free postage
- AU $24.41Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing mindfulness into the lives of our children and teenagers is perhaps the greatest gift we can offer. Mindfulness builds emotional intelligence, boosts happiness, increases curiosity and engagement, reduces anxiety and depression, soothes the pain of trauma, and helps kids (and adults) focus, learn, and make better choices. If that weren t eugh, research w shows that mindfulness significantly enhances what psychologists call flourishing the opposite of depression and avoidance.Growing Up Mindful helps parents, educators, and counselors learn how to embody and share the skills of mindfulness that will empower our children with resilience throughout their lives. With more than 75 accessible exercises and practices, along with adaptations for the individual needs of a wide range of children and teens, this inspiring guidebook brings you road-tested insights and tools for: Tapping the power of the imagination, play, and creativity Body-based mindfulness and movement practices Creatively overcoming resistance and gaining kids buy-in The mindful use of techlogy and social media Building the foundation through your own personal practice Attending and Befriending two positive responses to stress Setting intentions and managing expectations of new practitioners Sharing mindfulness in a formal setting including schools and workplaces Extending our practice into the larger communities we share Seeds of mindfulness can be planted in anyone at any time seeds that under the right conditions can burst and bloom into a life of compassion and connection, writes Dr. Willard. Growing Up Mindful invites you to embark on something incredible and world-changing as you join the growing community of adults bringing wonder, curiosity, and reflection back into childhood and adolescence.
- Author BiographyCHRISTOPHER WILLARD, PSYD, is a clinical psychologist and consultant specializing in bringing mindfulness into education and psychotherapy. The author ofChild s Mind(Parallax, 2010) and other books on the topic, Dr. Willard lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts and teaches at Harvard Medical School and Lesley University. For more, visit drchristopherwillard.com.
- Author(s)Christopher Willard
- PublisherSounds True Inc
- Date of Publication05/08/2016
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLouisville, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSounds True Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.