Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing Up with Southern Illiis is the self-portrait of a rugged pioneer, Daniel Brush, who prospered on the Illiis frontier, founded the town of Carbondale, and led a regiment of hellions in the Civil War.
- Author BiographyDaniel Harmon Brush (1813 90), a native ofVermont, was a store clerk in the Jackson County river town of Brownsville and later held the offices of county clerk, circuit clerk, recorder, and probate judge. He bought land and founded the town of Carbondale in the 1850s. He served in the Civil War, commanding the 18th Illinois Regiment, but resigned in 1863. After his military service, he became a prominent attorney and important member of the business community in Carbondale.
- Author(s)Daniel Harmon Brush,Milo Milton Quaife
- PublisherSouthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2017
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Series TitleShawnee Classics
- Place of PublicationCarbondale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouthern Illinois University Press
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.