Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing Up with Dick and Jane reunites us with two old friends, Dick, And Jane, who, for forty years taught so many of us to read. Here's the all-American brother and sister team. Look! It's Dick, in his striped polo shirts and shorts, always ready for an adventure. Look! Look! It's Jane, in her pretty dresses, eager to have fun and learn about life. There's silly mischievous Baby Sally and Spot, America's favorite spaniel. Growing up with Dick and Jane brings to life the cast of characters who are emblems of the American Dream. And side by-side with the story of Dick and Jane is an entertaining and informative text that tracks important historical, social and educational events of the Dick and Jane era. Here's your chance to step back into the incent watercolor world of Dick And Jane, where night never comes, knees never scrape, parents never yell and the fun never stops. Remember holding a Dick and Jane primer for the first time and the thrill you felt when you knew you could read? Growing up with Dick And Jane traces the Dick and Jane phemen from their birth during the Depression to their retirement in the stormy 1960s. It explores the influence these little books had on education and the evolving American Dream. Packaged with a sampler of original Dick and Jane stories and cutout dolls of Dick And Jane, Growing up with Dick and Jane stirs memories of home, school and what it was like to grow up when childhood felt like one long summer day. Carole Kismaric and Marvin Heiferman produce invative visual books and museum exhibitions. Lookout, their company, has created: TalkinPictures (Chronicle), a book and popular multimedia exhibition; Loyalty andBetrayal: The Story of the American Mob (CollinsSanFranciso); the best-selling Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood (Hyperion) with William Wegman; and the cult classic Mr. Salesman (Twin Palms) with Diane Keaton and I'm So Happy (Vintage). Bob Keeshan, kwn to generations as Captain Kangaroo, is one of the most beloved performers and influential invators of children's television. The first Clarabell on The Howdy Doody Show, Keeshan went on to create Captain Kangaroo, the longest-running network children's series. An advocate of children's causes, Keeshan's unique blend of education and entertainment has influenced his followers, on screen and off.
- Author(s)Marvin Heiferman
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication27/11/1996
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarperCollins Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width222 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.14Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $30.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.