Growth and Development from an Evolutionary Perspective by John Fei, Gustav Ranis (Hardback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $182.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $142.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEngendered by renewed interest in development, Growth and Development from an Evolutionary Perspective is a result of recent work in the 'new growth theory' arena. This authoritative survey uses 'comparative analytical ecomic history' to trace the evolution of development theory from the Physiocrats and the classical School to Solow, Lewis, and Lucas and Roemer. Through outlining historical time, typological differences across developing societies, and the transition from agrarianism to modern ecomic growth, the book arrives at contemporary analyses and current policies. Theoretical sections develop a general system of growth equations that focus on the central role of techlogy change.Students can apply these equations to sub-phases of transition as well as to the modern growth epoch. Policy-oriented sections discuss contemporary concerns with distribution, poverty alleviations, and human development as they relate to growth over time. The book identifies the policy implications of the development process, comparing East Asian with Latin American cases. In considering future policy, the book demonstrates how political ecomy factors suggest and enhanced endogenization of policy choices.
- Author BiographyJohn C. H. Fei was formerly Chairman of the Board at the Chung Hua Institute of Economic Research in Taipei, Taiwan. Co-author of five books and more than 75 articles, Fei also served as consultant to organizations such as AID, NPA, UNDP and the National Science Council of Taiwan. A Ph.D. from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, he taught at Cornell University and Yale University. Gustav Ranis is the Director of The Yale Center for International and Area Studies and Professor of International Economics at Yale University. Having served as consultant to such entities as The World Bank, ADB, AID, OECD, UNIDO, FAO, UNDP, and the Ford and Rockefeller Foundations, Ranis is on the advisory boards, of several third-world research institutions. He has written extensively on theoretical and policy-related issues of development.
- Author(s)Gustav Ranis,John Fei
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/1997
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight798 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $101.89Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.