All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Guardians and Wards: Or, Simplicity and Fascination In one little bodyThou counterfeit'st a bark, a sea, a wind;For still thy eyes, which I may call the sea, Do ebb and ow with tears; the bark thy body is, Sailing in this salt ood; the Winds, thy sighs, Who, - raging with thy tears, and they with them, -Without a sudden calm, will oversetThy tempest-tossed body. - Romeo and Juliet. Jessie, go to him! do something, - say something, I entreat you! said Anna, bursting into Jessie' s room, and, as usual, casting her arms around her. What is the matter, Anna? asked Jessie. I cant stop to tell you w: he will be gone. I tried to do as you told me, and I am afraid I have gone too far. I have been rude, unkind, unjust - for how can he help his father? But go quick: be kind and gentle, and make up for myhardness of heart. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Anne Beale
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.