All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionGuernsey is the most western of the Channel Islands, with a proud maritime history spanning many centuries. Only 25 square miles, the island nevertheless has a great variety of landscapes, from the rugged cliffs in the south to the low-lying dunes in the rth. The ten parishes, each with their own unique community spirit, are home to over 60,000 people. This grows greatly during the summer as visitors come to experience the island's quiet country lanes and the bustling streets of St Peter Port. Historically, Guernsey people have made their mark t just on the sea, but in thriving stone industries, agriculture and horticulture, and in recent years, international banking. Guernsey Through Time explores this fascinating little island through the historical photograph collection of the Priaulx Library, many of which have never been published. Locals and visitors alike will discover a unique insight into how Guernsey has changed over time.
- Author BiographyAmanda Bennett has ten years' experience as a local studies librarian, with a vast amount of local knowledge and enthusiasm for Guernsey history, life and culture. Since becoming Chief Librarian of the Priaulx Library in 2005, she has written a history of Guernsey newspapers, and published several articles on a variety of subjects for local research journals, and a couple of UK based ones, including the Antique Leather Journal. The Library frequently holds exhibitions, more recently photographic exhibitions, and has an archive of over 30,000 photographs. Amanda lives in Guernsey.
- Author(s)Amanda Bennett
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.