All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this vel, the author follows the course of one of Spain's greatest bullfighters, and in so doing, he creates a multi-faceted vel that frames the customs and traditions of the era, the political and societal concerns, as well as the close tie that frequently existed in Spanish society between the intellectuals and the aristocracy on the one hand, and the bullfight on the other. There are, however, further satisfactions awaiting the simple reader, whether he be an aficionado or t. And this is thanks to the special style employed, a manner of writing that is agile and engaging, containing beautiful prose, and scenes animated by exact, lucid expressions, drawn t only from the termilogy of the bullfight, but from a deep kwledge of the entire subject matter and the setting; of the fight, the animals and the countryside in general. The story told to us is transformed into a verbal feast, with prose of an exceedingly high quality.
- Author BiographyEnrique Ojembarrena Goiricelya received the Cafe Gijon Literary Award in 1966 for his novel Ismael. In 1970 his novel Vuelos de gaviota was a finalist for the Guipuzcoa Awards for best novel. During his stay in the USA as University Lecturer (1971-1981) his short stories were published in both Spanish and American magazines, and a number of them have subsequently been published in anthologies. In 1990, during his tenure as a professor of Spanish and World Literature at the University of the Basque Country, he published Simposio-Homenaje a Ernst Junger. In 1994 he pusblished the first edition of his historical bullfighting novel, Guerrita, followed by Traje de luces in 1999, an autobiographical poetry collection spanning the years from 1971 to 1999. His latest work, Bajo la noche, appearead in 2008, and consitutes a new contribution to the genre of the bildungsroman.
- Author(s)Enrique Ojembarrena
- Date of Publication17/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.